The goal of Liposuction in Top Clinic is to contour and reshape some areas of your body that have not responded well to diet and exercise, such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, arms, calves, and back, and not to reduce body’s weight. The results are generally long-lasting, providing you maintain a healthy weight.
Liposuction may also be used to treat certain medical conditions, including:
- Benign fatty tumors (lipomas).
- Abnormal enlargement of the male breasts (gynecomastia).
- Problems with the metabolism of fat in the body (lipodystrophy).
- Excessive sweating in the armpit area (axillary hyperhidrosis).
Liposuction operation removes unwanted fat from your body inserting thin, blunt-tipped tubes through tiny cuts in the skin. Fat is suctioned out through the tunnels as the doctor moves the tubes around under the skin to target specific fat deposits.
In Top Clinic we understand that Liposuction should be done only by a doctor who has specialized training and experience in liposuction and in how to respond to complications during surgery for your maximum safety.
The best candidates for liposuction are healthy people who are at or close to a healthy weight with stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to a healthy diet nor exercise. If you want to lose weight, then liposuction is not for you.
Liposuction Techniques Used in Top Clinic
Top Clinic uses the latest method to make liposuction safer, more comfortable, and less painful for the patient. VASER or Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) is our mainly used technologies; it uses ultrasound to liquefy the fat, which makes it easier to be removed. This technique is totally safe and ensures fewer side effects post the operation.
During the Liposuction Operation
- Liposuction is usually performed under general anesthetic, although an epidural anesthetic may be used for liposuction on lower parts of the body.
- Your Top Clinic surgeon would mark the areas where fat is to be removed. He or she would then:
- Inject the treated area with a solution containing anesthetic and medication, to reduce bruising, blood loss, and swelling.
- Break up the fat cells in the treated area with high-frequency vibrations to make it easier to pull them out.
- Make a small incision and insert a suction tube attached to a vacuum machine to start the process of taking out the fat.
- Move the suction tube back and forth to loosen the grease and suck it out of the body.
- Stitch up and bandage the treated area until it recovers.
The Operation in Top Clinic usually takes one to three hours. Most people need to stay in the hospital overnight on the day of the operation.
Common Side Effects of Liposuction
- Temporary swelling, bruising, soreness, and numbness in and around the treated areas.
- Irritation around the incision sites where the cannulas were inserted.
The recovery period would usually be two to three weeks after the procedure, you will be wearing an elasticated support corset or compression bandages to reduce swelling and bruising, and it should constantly be worn until the full recovery.
Your doctor will prescribe you antibiotics and painkillers to prevent infections and any pain or swelling.
Planning Your Liposuction Operation
Liposuction with Top Clinic has never been easier, only three steps to get your body contoured!
- Get your free consultation from Top Clinic specialists.
- Coordinate with Top Clinic team who will organize your accommodation and private transportation, as well as your Liposuction operation at a five stars hospital in Istanbul.
- Arrive in Istanbul, meet your doctor, now, you’re ready for your life-changing operation! And receive your guarantee certificate.